There are slots, and there are Megaways slots, and you can find both types on Social Tournaments. Sometimes, providers pick an already popular slot title and enrich it with the Megaways license. But what are the differences between a regular slot and its Megaways version? Will you still be able to enjoy the features that charmed you in the beginning, or will it be a completely new, unrecognisable slot? Let’s find out what makes the Megaways redoes of some Pragmatic Play slots attract players even more than the standard titles!
BIG BASS BONANZA VS. BIG BASS BONANZA MEGAWAYS
In one corner, we have one of the fans’ favourites, the Big Bass Bonanza slot and in the other one, the Big Bass Bonanza Megaways slot released only last year. At first glance, you might say nothing’s changed in the Megaways version, but you couldn’t be more wrong. Besides the obvious shift of grid format in the Megaways slot, a series of other enhancements have been done, starting with the max win and ending with the features.
- Payouts – symbols’ payouts went from a maximum of 200x in the regular slot to 50x in the Megaways one. Don’t get discouraged for this isn’t necessarily a bad thing – it needs to be analysed on the whole, with lines turning into ways to win, and the Megaways random reel modifier mechanic
- Features – one of the biggest changes occurred in the features. In the regular Big Bass Bonanza, there is the Free Spins round with increasing multiplier and the Dynamite Feature that adds Money Symbols when there’s only the Fisherman symbol on the reels. In the Megaways version, due to the Tumble Feature, the Money Symbols that hit during the Free Games fall to the bottom of the screen.
- Paylines – the most striking difference between the two titles is probably the paylines transformation. The first Big Bass Bonanza in the series comes with 10 paylines, where players need to land symbols in a specific combination to win. In the Megaways version, paylines have been replaced with ways to win, offering players more opportunities than traditional online slots, as it often happens in all Megaways titles.
- Max Win – the max win is doubled up in Big Bass Bonanza Megaways, reaching a juicy 4000x multiplier.
- RTP – the average Megaways RTP is around 96%, and Big Bass Bonanza Megaways makes no exception. Regardless, there isn’t much of a difference between the RTP of the normal slot (96.71%) and the Megaways one (96.7%).
- Volatility – Megaways slot machines tend to fall on the higher end of the volatility spectrum, so, naturally, the Megaways boosted the game’s volatility a notch.
GREAT RHINO VS. GREAT RHINO MEGAWAYS
- Payouts – not much has changed in terms of graphics when it comes to both the symbols and the design of the Megaways slot. However, the payouts increased compared to the original Savana-themed slot.
- Features – the Respins have been thrown overboard in Great Rhino Megaways, but have no fear, the Tumble Feature, and the two bet options replaced it.
- Paylines – Great Rhino provides 20 active paylines, whereas its Megaways version offers increasing ways to win that can reach a max value of 200,704.
- Max Win – similar to other Pragmatic Play Megaways slots, the multiplier in the Megaways variant is way higher than in its classic format: 20,000x vs. 900x.
- RTP – the RTP didn’t suffer much change, going from 96.53% to 96.58%
- Volatility – the medium volatility available in the standard game reached a high level in the Megaways title.
CHILLI HEAT VS. CHILLI HEAT MEGAWAYS
The Megaways upgrade impacted the whole gaming experience, leveling up the payouts, features, and thrill from the Chilli Heat slot.
- Payouts – the payouts haven’t been affected that much by the Megaways makeover, the max value of the higher-paying symbol reaching 10x in the new title and 8x in the original one.
- Features – a bunch of new symbols that work their magic in the Respins round were added, along with other goodies, such as the Tumble Feature and Ante Bet, and the Buy Free Spins options.
- Paylines – the Mariachi sings his way to the big win on 25 paylines in the first videoslot but changes gears in the Chilli Heat Megaways slot, where up to 200,704 ways to win are available.
- Max Win – the max win changed a great deal since the regular slot, increasing from 2512x to a multiplier of 5000x fit for a Megaways title.
- RTP – the RTP is the same for both online slots from Pragmatic Play.
- Volatility – the medium volatility present in the original videoslot is turned up to a high level in the Megaways remake.
Megaways slots are often seen as more engaging due to their high win potential and their increased number of ways to win. However, this means that regular slots bring nothing to the table. On the contrary, standard slots can also keep you on the verge of excitement but in a different way. Ultimately, it’s up to what the player desires to experience – a Megaways title will offer an extreme experience while a standard one comes with a more relaxing one. If you want to find out what fits you best, check out our slots page and give them a try!